CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Hey! Hey! Remember Me?

So I know, I know, I've been kind of AWOL. But don't worry, I have good excuses.
  • Kids are on vacation. What more do I need to say than that?
  • I've been kinda stay-cation-ing it. What's a stay-cation you ask? Well we really couldn't go anywhere this year (big talker I am, we never go anywhere :) ) because of the way the holidays work out. But I do have quite a bit of time off of work. So a stay-cation is when you do all sorts of fun stuff in your city.
  • So on Wednesday, the first day of vacation for Elisha, Shana, and Jakie, we went to Coco Key, an indoor water park nearby. I must say it's pretty darn fun to be swimming inside when there is a foot of snow outside. You ever have one of those days when not only are your kids AMAZINGLY BEHAVED, but they actually (prepare yorself) say thank you for the lovely outing? Wow. Give me more days like Wednesday, and I'll have 14 more children.
  • Then on Thursday, Dovi came home from Winter Camp. From which I have an excellent story to tell you all later. All I can say is...little stinker.
  • And on Friday, we went to the NCSY convention at another hotel. That also is a post unto itself. But suffice it to say that my children have swum 4 times in 5 days. Nice.
  • And we finished up by yesterday going to the Jelly Belly factory warehouse tour. Yes, Michelle, it was rather lame. But my kids loved it. Yes, it was a little train driving around a warehouse showing us little videos. But we got free candy. And bought more. So it was worth it. I {heart} candy.
  • And then my mom is coming in on Wednesday.
So all in all I think the kiddoes are having a rocking stay-cation.

But my house is literally t.r.a.s.h.e.d. We came home last night to a spotless house. I was so freaking tired that I could not deal with it. The kitchen? Every counter covered. The living room floor? Covered in suitcases that have been ransacked to find stuff-mostly by Elisha searching for the correct sport pants. But that, too, is a post for another day. Elisha and his wacko clothing needs. But my house is terrifying. We're having homemade pizza for dinner and spending all afternoon once we get home from the JCC (they're at vacation days today and tomorrow while I "work") unpacking and cleaning. It makes me shudder just to think about what it looks like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun spending shabbos with you guys, though we missed the pool part. Our house also looks like it threw up food, clothes, and toys, Oy. we're getting there though, vacation is almost ending.

Shosh said...

I love the Jelly Belly factory!