CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I can't believe I almost missed it!

So I just noticed in a stack of Dovi's stuff from camp:

A DVD that said simply "Dovi P"

Now I seriously had no idea what it was. But I had heard that some kids make "Day in the Life" videos at camp-they take a video camera for the day and tape what they did.

Dovi's never done it before, but different counselor means different activities.

I popped it into the DVD player, and sure enough, Raphi and Dovi made "A Day in the Life of Dovi P at CSS"

Here's what I have to say.

It's always shocking to a parent when they realize that their child has a life outside of them. It's like: I know they go to school/camp/whatever, but it's really hard to conceptualize WHAT goes on there. It's almost like they've gone into a black hole of "away from me" but they're not really doing anything of note.

Well I got to see a teeny eensy weensy glimpse of what the boy's life is without me at camp, and I've gotta say it's pretty darn fun.

I got to see him singing with Rabbi Wiggles in learning group, eating his meals (heck I'd like steak for dinner!), paddle boating, learning songs, doing an obstacle course, dancing in the kitchen with some random counselors, watching fireworks, and having the cutest little pajama party in the bunk. Nothing's cuter than 4 little boys with FD piling onto one bed together "dancing" before bedtime.

I've also gotta say that an FD kid with a Yiddish accent is possibly one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.

Also who are all these guys that love my Dovi? I'd really like to meet them all one day.

It's like he's got this whole life that doesn't include me. It's pretty wild.

And rather cool.

1 comment:

Shosh said...

That sounds amazing! I would pay big bucks to see a video of what my kids actually do in school all day, and specifically, the footage of another kid teaching Kivi that naughty song he came home singing today.