CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Pesach is coming! Pesach is coming!

EDITED: You should be able to access the file now. Sorry about that-I've never done Google Docs before.

Not to panic, my dears, but Pesach is a mere 3 1/2 weeks away...I was panicking too-until I made it:


2009 Pesach Planner

If you click it, it will take you to a google doc with all of this year's Pesach plans. Not to pat myself on the back, but by following my Pesach planning schedule, you will be able to make Pesach without freaking out or going to sleep at 4 am. A few notes.
  • Juta is my cleaning lady's friend who comes the day I turn over for a few hours. A few hours of Juta and I'm ready to go.
  • I DO NOT clean like a maniac.
  • I do not wash all my toys in the washing machine.
  • I do not crawl underneath things.
  • I do not shake out every book I own.
  • I do not empty all my drawers.
I believe that I have a cleaning lady every week who cleans my house well. I also believe that there is a reason I say "kol chamira" and G-d does not want me to clean my baseboards with q-tips. OK off my soapbox.

Happy cooking, everyone!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My Pesach Planner goes like this:
1. Try not to go insane
2. Go insane anyway
3. Break out the sour gummy worms
4. Rinse and repeat.


Unfortunately we are drawers and books people. And my cleaning lady can't help me this year at pesach because I refuse to pay her the 36 dollars an hour she charges at this time of year. Geez.

DESJ and Company said...

My preference would be the Gummi Coke Bottles.
And Slurpees. I drink them while turning over my kitchen. Correction: I put it on a piece of paper towel on the floor and run over and take sips without touching it as I clean.
WHY BOOKS? WHY DRAWERS??? HAVE YOU EVER FOND ANYTHING????

Miriam said...

Sara- I've actually found food in drawers- because I have a crazy 3 yr old that leaves "presents" and "surprises" everywhere. The books we don't do. And the toys- we just wipe down surfaces (like the train table- etc..)

Anonymous said...

Menu sounds yummo....we're coming to chicago for the first days - would love to see you guys!
-michelle

Anonymous said...

Like your menu-it doesn't even seem like Pesach food! I also made menus and even a shopping list this weekend. But mine doesn't have as much variety as yours-I am trying to save a little on the food $ this year! Thanks for sharing your planner!

Anonymous said...

sorry, my pesach planner looks like this:
book tickets to in-laws in florida.
buy four or five pairs of sandals per child.
try on all sandals; hopefully find one pair that fits.
pack sandals and other warm weather clothes, including four shul outfits per person that no-one will even wear.
put other pairs of sandals in closet to return after pesach.
lock house and go away. (yeah, yeah; we do clean and everything, but we certainly don't go crazy!)
find sandals that you forgot to return in the closet next year when you clean for pesach.
repeat.

but i liked your plan so much that i forwarded it to a friend who has to make pesach at home. and also; have you ever seen this blog http://blog.jugglingfrogs.com/ ? it hasn't been updated in quite a while, but she has some crafty and organizational things there that will make you happy.
debbie

Shira said...

excuse me while i go puke now. does juta have a friend?