CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Have I Lost My Mind???

I cannot believe what I just agreed to do.

Let me preface what I'm about to tell you all by explaining that we're not staying in New York for the next week because Dovi's too sick to fly. We're staying because, G-d forbid there are any complications, Dr. Feldman doesn't want anyone else to deal with his leg/surgical site.

So.

Raphi, Dovi's counselor, called me on Tuesday asking me if Dovi wanted to go to a Chai Lifeline/Camp Simcha Special mini shabbaton (weekend get together thingy) this weekend (in Lawrence-not up at Camp Simcha).



"NO WAY" was my immediate response. He just had surgery on Monday!

But Raphi continued:

"Sara, it's in a big lovely house. The head nurse and head paramedic from Camp Simcha Special will be there. One of the camp doctors lives right nearby and will be on call. He'll have more medical supervision than if you're at home. C'mon. You know he'll have the best time!"

So I contemplated.

I asked Dovi what he thought.

He said he wanted to be with me.

Then, this afternoon, he changed his mind. He wants to go.

Raphi is picking him up tomorrow at 4pm.

Have I lost my mind?????

Reassure me here, folks.

9 comments:

Shosh said...

umm..i wont lie...this makes me nervous. but im crazy. so that probably means you should let him go. unless youre going to worry the entire shabbos. then you should just go with him!

agent99 said...

nope. let dovi decide....he'll be with people who are well qualified and know him well. I am sure he'll be spoiled silly too.

chaviva said...

why can't you go with? Even if you can't stay at the house with him, stay at a friend. If you don't know anyone in the neighborhood, I'll volunteer my sister's house for you.

Anonymous said...

i'm with chaviva on this one, (but w/o a sister's house to offer you)...shabbos in a big lovely house in lawrence can't be too bad...and you'll be close enough to make you feel better, but stay far enough away for dovi to whoop it up with the boys. sounds like a great opportunity! btw, have dovi's repeated aladin viewings allowed you to get any reading in?
debbie

Unknown said...

I plead the 5th...

rickismom said...

see my post from Tuesday:
http://beneaththewings.blogspot.com/2009/04/fear-and-psalms.html

You gotta let him fly!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, he's with a great bunch of guys over the weekend. The medical staff all know what to do. AND We will definitely enjoy his company. Dovi ROCKS!!!!

Uncle David said...

After driving you guys home yesterday - no question - let him go...he will love it...it'll be a taste of camp...early...

DESJ and Company said...

OK everyone...he's going.
I've talked to the nurse twice.She'll call me if anything is questionable at all.
He's really feeling 100% fine.
Frankly, they can probably give him better medical care than I can!!

He's soooo excited.