CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Nothing like a little Simcha...


Dovi's camp video came today.

Now we have seen it already-Video Joe brought it when he came to us, and Raphi sent us an underground version of it. But my kids...ahem..mistreat their dvds. So none of them were watchable.

So now the "official" one came. I've told the ungratefuls them that they care not allowed to (a) touch the dvd (b) put it in the dvd player (c) touch the dvd. Hopefully this one will survive.

So as we were watching it, my favorite song came on. It's a Shloime Dachs song, "K'Ish Echad B'Lev Echad". For my nonJewish readers, that means "Like One Person with One Heart"-it's from the words in the Torah (Bible) about how the Jewish people were like one heart and one unit at Mt. Sinai when they got the Torah.

I was trying to figure out why I love it so much. Then I realized why. Dovi's first year at camp, they used that same song as the first song in the video, when they show all the kids getting off the busses and arriving at camp, with looks of joyous happiness on their faces. That first year, when we got the video, we could not believe what we were seeing. So it stuck in my mind. And thus that song is my favorite.

Either way, the video is just what Dovi needed. He needed a little simcha.

He's been laying (lying? correct me, Grammar Steph) on the floor waving his feet in the air. All you counselors, you know what he's doing :)

And btw, Raphi-it is slightly different than the one you have. I especially like the little part with the "dreams do come true" part. And ooooh the havdalah part is nice. If you're reading this, Joe, it's great!

3 comments:

wife.mom.nurse said...

I have come to check on the little Dovi boy. I hope he continues to improve!

As one of your non Jewish readers I am appreciating the explanations.

Thanks for sharing your journey.

Julie

Miriam said...

YAY!! So glad the DVD came to cheer him up!

Shosh said...

i want to see the DVD!