CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Crafty Momma

Ahhh...back to fluffy unsubstantial posts.

I love crafts. I really do. I could spend hours in the craft store, just looking at all the possibilities. I would love to take sewing classes someday. Last night Benjie abandoned me went to the calling night for Eskape (Come! Really! You know you want to!) so I decided to spend the evening watching HGTV and making the pretty princess some new hairbows. I must say I was highly productive, in a bizarre, mommy type of way.





The rubber bands were a new experiment but I must say I think they turned out quite nicely (aside from taking me 10 minutes to put in her hair this morning because I kept ending up with her pony upside down...)





7 comments:

Shosh said...

these are so nice!!! i made a bunch of clips for T a few months ago. whenever i put them in her hair she promptly pulls them out. i can put them back 100 times and she still pulls them out. i have tried everything short of handcuffing her and she just wont keep them in. it is soooo frustrating. whats the point of having a daughter if she wont let you put pretty things in her hair? right?

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic! Can you make some for Tova, Chaya and Avigial? They would love them!
Mom

Orah said...

You're making pretty bows and clips while I am putting together centerpieces for the NCSY dinner. My girls are way neglected in the hair bow department. So since you are so crafty and your daughter obviously needs no more hair bows, I am volunteering your name to the NCSY banquet coordinating committee for next year, so I can find time to be less neglectful to my daughters' hair adornment situation.

Ali said...

i make those same little clippies too. i couldn't justify buying them for, like, $8 when i could make them for pennies!

Risa said...

Sara - You are amazing! I am coming over for crafting lessons! My poor baby has to survive on store bought barrettes because her Mommy is not crafty. And I love the rubber bands.

Miriam said...

Man- I so need a girl! All I see in this house is blue, trucks, trains, and the like. Hairbows, headbands, pink- that is a whole different world.

Anonymous said...

Can I order some for my daughter? I am so unartistic that my daughter wanted me to help her draw a dress on a stick figure tonight, and it came out looking like she was wearing a potato sack. But those hair accessories were really good?
How do you have the time?