So today we're leaving for Camp Simcha Special.
Please, everyone, say a prayer for us.
Swine Flu, while the epidemic is waning, is still very present, especially in the camps in New York.
Swine Flu, or H1N1, is a very, very bad thing for the FD population. It has not been a good summer in the FD community due to H1N1. It's been a very sad summer.
We're very nervous, but taking a leap and sending Dovi to camp.
We've decided that much of Dovi's physical health hinges on his emotional well being, and his emotional well being would take a huge hit by missing camp.
So Dovi's going to camp.
To quote a very wise friend of mine, we're doing the right thing for Dovi but the wrong thing for us as his parents.
He'll be there for 12 days.
Please, please, keep him in mind that he should stay healthy while at camp.
If you're Jewish, his Hebrew name is Chaim Dov ben Sorah Yehudis.
If you're not Jewish, please pray that Dovi P remains healthy at Camp.
Oy. It's going to be a long 12 days.