CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

An Apology

My heart was broken on Friday afternoon.

I found out that I have deeply hurt the staff of Keshet, Dovi's wonderful home away from home for the past five years.

A few times on my blog, I have mentioned Keshet. I would like to preface this by saying that I. adore. the. school. It truly is Dovi's home away from home. It is like my family. The devotion and selflessness of the staff amazes me every day. I thank G-d every day that we live in Chicago and the option of Keshet exists for Dovi.

As the mother of a child with special needs, I am always questioning myself-am I doing enough? am I doing right by Dovi? And life with a special needs child who suffers both developmental and health impairments, it's hard. Frustrating. Things don't always go the way I'd hoped and planned. So I write about it.

Frustration is part and parcel of being a parent. I apologize for not being thoughtful in what I was writing and how it might have affected others. That was by no means my intention.

But in no way did I mean to imply that I was not happy, thrilled with Dovi's time at Keshet and the education he receives there on a daily basis, and that I hope he continues to receive for a long time to come.

I apologize for any hurt that I might have caused.